My dream...... :)
Finally - I'm realizing my dream of having Internet in my own room. Hehehe... :) I now can 'skate'
to my laptop from my study table with my new self assembled skating chair.. Which means, in the middle of my studies, I can Google on any of the first year anatomy and physio stuff which I probably have forgotten long ago... haha.. as if I'm so rajin.
So what I did today? Let's see. This morning got a lecture on organ transplantation - brain death = death. Methods to define brain death. The part of brain that controls our respiratory, motor, cardio etc all originate from the brain stem (part of brain above your cervical spines). If that part is dead then you can't breath on your own (so there'll be no breathing if artificial ventilator is pulled out from your nose), you don't respond to light (no pupil constriction when a torch light is pointed to your eyes), you don't have the vomitting reflex (urgleekkk) when an ice cream stick is pressed on to your tongue, your pupils don't move side to side rapidly when a very cold saline is injected into your ear etc. Try do this on yourself to check to see if you're still alive. But most probably if you're still reading this then you're not dead yet.. Haha.
But the ultimate take home message was that BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR! And make sure you convey your wish to donate organs to your next of kin because according to M'sian law the decision of your next of kin can override your own wishes even though you registered as an organ donor. In some states like US they don't allow for this.
And did you know which country has the highest success rate for organ transplant? DRUM..... it's Spain! Why? Because they run on an 'exclusion' system whereby unless you register to say you dowan to donate organs, you're presumed to be an organ donor when you die. It's just the opposite of what we're practising here in M'sia. In S'pore they have this system also but enforcement is missing. Where got so easy to enforce in a society like us... So many religion beliefs and old people thinking that has to be respected.
So that basically sums up what Prof Patrick Tan taught us today. :)
Supposed to have surgical ward round today but was canceled last minute... Disapointed. Coz ward round is always fun. Each time after ward round feel encouraged to study... Not because of finding myself very stupid but more of seeing the relevance of knowing well what we're studying... It's not the same feeling as getting bad results then only go study.
So, left some free time block between 10 something to 230 where the Internet people supposed to come and fix the thing into my computer. I went to Mid Valley. To buy stock. To cook for this weekend. Haha. Let's see what I bought...
Tomato Puree for speghetti
Chicken breast for speghetti also but also for Hand-tore chicken with Honey & Ginger
Dorry Fillet for steaming and porridge
Red dates for low BP person like me haha.. nola it's for soup
Marshmallow and Tiger biscuit for Sweet Potatoes Puff
Grey mushroom for Osyter Sauce Tofu with mushroom.
Brocolli and tomatoes for anything and everything! haha...
Yo! So let's see what i can whip up tomorrow la for lunch and dinner.
For lunch today I cooked very simple mee with soup with lots of vege and some mushroom. The thing that made it so special and tasty is a spoon-size of tuna with mayonise that are added to the soup (not too much or else you'll be drinking mayonise soup liao) at the end of your cooking. It makes your mee so much tastier. Just a spoon only, not very fat one. haha
Then the Internet people came at 230... They put a phone socket thing beside the original phone socket. Then there's a wire that comes out from it that connects to my laptop. And the guy gave me a very long long long cable coz I wan my comp to be in my own room ma just like now. :) So after they went off I spent the whole afternoon fixing the cable... Plastering it to the floor properly so that people won't trip on it. Then also the cable still shorting to tried different route to find the best way to make it till my room.
Then later I went to borrow a screw driver to assemble my skating chair... haha. Following the instructions.. Not too had but was stuck quite a bit on the roller part at the most bottom of the chair..
Then tonite the cater didn't come... Must have misheard us telling him to to send cater for the rest of the week... Never mind. I love cooking. I whipped up a fried mee in not time with (again!) lots of vege and mushroom. hehe... But this time different vege la... and this time got add tomatoes also... and garlic... ;-)
Oh yeah my house mate did chicken floss today.. Better than what I did last week. Hgg... envy... do again next time. She marinate with honey and no salt but the floss still come out as quite salty... why ah???
to my laptop from my study table with my new self assembled skating chair.. Which means, in the middle of my studies, I can Google on any of the first year anatomy and physio stuff which I probably have forgotten long ago... haha.. as if I'm so rajin.
So what I did today? Let's see. This morning got a lecture on organ transplantation - brain death = death. Methods to define brain death. The part of brain that controls our respiratory, motor, cardio etc all originate from the brain stem (part of brain above your cervical spines). If that part is dead then you can't breath on your own (so there'll be no breathing if artificial ventilator is pulled out from your nose), you don't respond to light (no pupil constriction when a torch light is pointed to your eyes), you don't have the vomitting reflex (urgleekkk) when an ice cream stick is pressed on to your tongue, your pupils don't move side to side rapidly when a very cold saline is injected into your ear etc. Try do this on yourself to check to see if you're still alive. But most probably if you're still reading this then you're not dead yet.. Haha.
But the ultimate take home message was that BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR! And make sure you convey your wish to donate organs to your next of kin because according to M'sian law the decision of your next of kin can override your own wishes even though you registered as an organ donor. In some states like US they don't allow for this.
And did you know which country has the highest success rate for organ transplant? DRUM..... it's Spain! Why? Because they run on an 'exclusion' system whereby unless you register to say you dowan to donate organs, you're presumed to be an organ donor when you die. It's just the opposite of what we're practising here in M'sia. In S'pore they have this system also but enforcement is missing. Where got so easy to enforce in a society like us... So many religion beliefs and old people thinking that has to be respected.
So that basically sums up what Prof Patrick Tan taught us today. :)
Supposed to have surgical ward round today but was canceled last minute... Disapointed. Coz ward round is always fun. Each time after ward round feel encouraged to study... Not because of finding myself very stupid but more of seeing the relevance of knowing well what we're studying... It's not the same feeling as getting bad results then only go study.
So, left some free time block between 10 something to 230 where the Internet people supposed to come and fix the thing into my computer. I went to Mid Valley. To buy stock. To cook for this weekend. Haha. Let's see what I bought...
Tomato Puree for speghetti
Chicken breast for speghetti also but also for Hand-tore chicken with Honey & Ginger
Dorry Fillet for steaming and porridge
Red dates for low BP person like me haha.. nola it's for soup
Marshmallow and Tiger biscuit for Sweet Potatoes Puff
Grey mushroom for Osyter Sauce Tofu with mushroom.
Brocolli and tomatoes for anything and everything! haha...
Yo! So let's see what i can whip up tomorrow la for lunch and dinner.
For lunch today I cooked very simple mee with soup with lots of vege and some mushroom. The thing that made it so special and tasty is a spoon-size of tuna with mayonise that are added to the soup (not too much or else you'll be drinking mayonise soup liao) at the end of your cooking. It makes your mee so much tastier. Just a spoon only, not very fat one. haha
Then the Internet people came at 230... They put a phone socket thing beside the original phone socket. Then there's a wire that comes out from it that connects to my laptop. And the guy gave me a very long long long cable coz I wan my comp to be in my own room ma just like now. :) So after they went off I spent the whole afternoon fixing the cable... Plastering it to the floor properly so that people won't trip on it. Then also the cable still shorting to tried different route to find the best way to make it till my room.
Then later I went to borrow a screw driver to assemble my skating chair... haha. Following the instructions.. Not too had but was stuck quite a bit on the roller part at the most bottom of the chair..
Then tonite the cater didn't come... Must have misheard us telling him to to send cater for the rest of the week... Never mind. I love cooking. I whipped up a fried mee in not time with (again!) lots of vege and mushroom. hehe... But this time different vege la... and this time got add tomatoes also... and garlic... ;-)
Oh yeah my house mate did chicken floss today.. Better than what I did last week. Hgg... envy... do again next time. She marinate with honey and no salt but the floss still come out as quite salty... why ah???

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home